Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Blow for Hellnotes

As you are all no doubt aware, Hellnotes is one of the most well-respected and well-known sources for horror news on the net.

Last week I attempted to access their site as I regularly do, and found that I couldn't access it. Eventually I did and learnt that Hellnotes' server had crashed. They lost everything, all their archives.

I find it quite sad because you can imagine the amount of work that goes into a project like that. The site's facilitator mentioned that they would start again from scratch. You have to admire people like that who get knocked down and get up again - I believe this has happened to them before. So, good on them and let's hope something like that doesn't happen again.

1 comment:

Brian G Ross said...

Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs in the horror genre at the moment. I think it all comes down to competition. There are so many fish in the pool now that a lot of genuinely great places have to close their doors for lack of funding or support, etc.

But for every closed door, another opens.

Keep smilin'!